Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Monday, January 18, 2016

Week 17-January 17, 2016

Cola Vina,
Vosoti au for the lack of an email last week. We were helping the Rakiraki Eldas move into their new flat. It's way sick. It's got the prettiest view!
Rakiraki view!

So the week I forgot to email you, nothing exciting happened. Like, it was just another week in Fiji. I started feeling way better! Elda Visawaqa made me drink that's weird tea-ish kind of thing.  It was easily in the top 10 grossest things I've ever had to drink, but it made me feel way better. 
So yeah, on Monday we went up to Rakiraki and helped our boys move. Then on Tuesday, we went down to Tavua for District Meeting. I gave an insight, kinda like a devotional, that I prepared on the bus down, on good memories. I crushed it, I think because I'm everyone's favorite memory...so....
On Wednesday Elda Visawaqa and I went and did some proselyting, but we left for Lautoka at about 6 to spend the night with the Zone Leaders, Elda Tiarua and Elda Thomas. Elda Johnso got transferred to Nausori. Elda Tiarua is a way nice dude though. We played that jelly bean game where you eat those gross jelly beans and I got Skunk Spray and Vomit, that was pleasant. We went down to Lautoka, because the next morning we had a "train the trainers" day.
So all the trainees and their trainers from our zone came in to Nadi for a meeting with the AP's and President Layton. I love seeing President. He's more than awesome and he's got a more than awesome wife! 
On Thursday we just had some training and than we had an awesome lunch of pizza, fruit, and juice. After the training, they handed out packages and letters and such. I got 23 letters in one day. Elda Tairua and Elda Boyack(an Assistant to the President) said that it had to be some sort of record. I have to admit, I teared up a little looking at who sent letters.  I also got my new name tag. It's freaking sick!

The illest of the ill!
On Friday I had exchanges in Tavua with my District Leader, Elda MacLeod. He's way cool and is super genuine, which I learned, goes a long way with missionaries. We taught an older lady and then we went back to their flat and he showed me pictures from all of his previous areas and gave me tips for the FSM. 
When I came back to Ba on Saturday Elda Visawaqa and I went out to Varako/Nailaga/SavuSavu Place. We went and visited Brother Cabebula. He gave us some Lemon tea and we watch rugby 7s for a while before we taught him a lesson. Than we headed over to Sister Lucy's house. Waiting for us there was Elda Visawaqa's little sister. We spent some time there and covered all of the commandment lessons. 
Elda Visawaqa's sister!

Sunday we went on splits with Joeli, Daniel and (former Elda) Kumar. It was way awesome and we had a way productive day. Later that night the Rakiraki Eldas and the Tavua Eldas came down for the night, because they are going to hang out with us today for P-day. It's just kind of been a rad week.  
Transfers are next week so we are all kind of living it up, for next week some of us will die. Just kidding, but some of us will leave, so we are just going to work hard and have fun. I love you guys so much! I miss you so so much, but don't worry about me, I'm doing great. 

Au lomani Kemudou
Elda Dawson

--
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real

No comments:

Post a Comment