Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Friday, September 25, 2015

September 25, 2015

September 25, 2015


Bula Vinaka! It's been three days and I can already tell that this is going to be one of the best times of my life. When I woke up on Wednesday I had this terrible feeling in my stomach and I couldn't shake it. Being with Stacie and Corey helped, but I just felt so nervous and worried. As soon as I entered my class room though everything changed. I couldn't stop smiling. I was just engulfed in all the craziness that was my new District, District E, and the beautiful language of Fijian. The language is so cool, I can't wait for you to hear it.

My itokani, "companion" in Fijian, is named Elder Guymon. He's from Mesa, Arizona and has an awesome attitude that is just great to be around. In our Residence we have three Elders from Australia, and all three are trying to teach us how to perfect their accent. I was just called as Senior companion last night. My Branch president says we can't say it out loud, but we have the best Zone by far. The Zone is made up of the five South Pacific Island missions. The guys in my District are the bomb. They all just have such a great spirit.

The language is coming along very well. It's a little tricky to get the pronunciations down but after you do it just kinda flows. It is such a gorgeous language. Lots of Vs, Ts, and Ks. I just recently learned how to bear my testimony in Fijian as well as pray. We are teaching our first investigator tonight in Fijian. 

This morning I was able to go to the Temple to do sealing. I was accompanied by my itokani, and two Elders from our District, Elder Larsen and Elder Forbush. It was such a great experience. The feeling of joy that we could all feel didn't come from us, we knew it came from those who were now bonded to their families forever. 

I LOVE being here, waking up is hard and sometimes the meetings seem to drag on for hours, but this is the happiest I've ever been, AND IT'S ONLY THE THIRD DAY.

Au via wasea na noqu ivakadinadina. Au kila e  dauloloma ka kuakuawa na Kalou. Au kila e bula vakayago o Jisu Karisto. Au vakadinidinataka e kaukauwa na yalo tabu. Ena yaca i Jisu Karisto, Emeni.

With much love,
Elder Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment