Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Week 12-Cakacaka Mana!! (Working miracles)-December 13, 2015

Bula Vinaka!

So in response to your questions:
I'm good with food. They don't utilize the churches welfare programs the same here, it's to isolated. I'm just going to have to learn to say no.  And, no, I haven't gotten desperate enough to eat a rat...even though they are big enough that I could probably eat for a week.

I won't be getting onto Facebook anytime soon.  I am weak but I want to be focused.

I received a way sick package.  All the candy and that sweet scripture Christmas tree advent calendar thing is way sweet.  Thank you!

Also, Sister Smith, is she cute?  If she's cute, I want her to be there when I Skype home so she can see how manly and dark I am. LOL
My week, has been full of miracles. Like jam packed with miracles! So we had this sweet Zone Training Meeting and in it, our Zone Leaders, Elder Johnson and Elder Thomas, told us to look for miracles. 
Chocolate Chip Cookies and Coke
So that night we had an appointment with one of our investigators Weni. She was scheduled for baptism that Sunday so we needed to go finish the lessons, and most importantly, go ask her non-member dad if she could be baptized because she is under 18.
The lesson went perfectly, the Spirit was there and we knew this girl was ready for baptism. Then her dad came into the room, we greeted each other and Elder Visawaqa, being way sav, just went for it and asked if Weni could be baptized. Then he kicked it up a notch and asked if Brother Josua would come to the baptism with his family. He got way quiet for a while until finally he said, "Yeah". We were stoked!  So after talking through some details and what not we left. 
Now Weni lives at the very edge of our area in a place called Vaqia and there were no more buses coming so we were going to have to walk back to our flat at 7 at night. We also had a dinner appointment with one of my favorite families, the Tamanis. We were both bummed because we were going to have to cancel the dinner because there was no way we would be back into town in time.  When we got to the top of Weni's hill, there was this Indian man just standing in the road with his car. He saw us and said, "Hey Brother's do you want a ride?" We told him thanks but we couldn't afford a taxi because we had no money. He told us that he was just going to work and he was headed to town. He gave us a ride all the way to FSC and we were able to make it to the Tamanis' house!  
Looking manly and dark...kinda!
Then on Sunday we had a baptism service for Weni and a girl name Abishna that the Ba Hindi Elders had been teaching. It was so special. I've never felt the Spirit so strongly. I felt like all the stresses of life just vanished. 

We had the busiest day after the baptism, but it didn't bother me at all. When I pulled Weni out of the water, I realized why I'm here. It's not to learn Fijian. It's not to live in a "Tropical Paradise". It's to bring my Father's children back to him.  I feel like I'm on fire here in the Burning West. I love Ba and all of it's African like qualities. I love my Father who lives in Heaven. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ. I love my companion. I love my family.  I love this Gospel and the hope it brings to this word. I bear testimony that the message I'm carrying and that all the set apart missionaries of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints carry forth is the true word of God. 
Cherish it.
Much Love,
Elder Dawson



--
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real

No comments:

Post a Comment