Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Monday, March 14, 2016

Week 25-March 13, 2016

Yadra Vina'a Matavuvale,
Boy, I can't believe I've made it this far, nearly 1/4 of my mission complete! I just can't believe it's happened this fast. It's kinda cool knowing I've been out this long. Suck it Nay-Sayers.
So, transfers were pretty eventful for us here in Nausori South. Elda Tera and I staying.  He was made District Leader, which means we get to go on tons of exchanges. Partymada! 
Elda Fitisemanu is training now so we got new blood in the District, and Elda Ransom's new companion is Elda Van from my intake at the MTC. It's way awesome to have him here. Elda Johnson became AP, which is cool, but I'll miss him. Elda Noble got sent to Rotuma, lucky punk! Elda Ogden is still in Rakiraki...poor guy.

Elda Tera and I are both feeling much better. 
So, super cool experience this past week. On Vutia, an island in my area, the Turanga ni koro (chief of the village) has wanted to meet with us.  Actually, he's practically been begging to meet with us. So this week we were finally able to get over there. He told us that he was taken to the Suva Temple open house and when he found out about performing baptisms for the dead, ordinances performed by proxy for those who have died, that's all he's been wanting to do. We told him before he could, he had to be baptized. He looked at us and just said, "Tell me what I need to do." So we went back to visit him again on Sunday and took him an English and Fijian Book of Mormon. He told us he was going to be in the hospital for two weeks and he asked us to pray for him.  We said we would and asked if he would read the Book of Mormon.  He said yes. 

Then later that day we met with a woman that has been coming to church, who Elda Tera and I both assumed was a member.  Nope. Turns out, she's a way old investigator from like 5 companionships ago. So we talked with her and all she wanted was to be baptized. It was crazy. Vutia is really exploding with love for the gospel. Hopefully we can get the same kind of success in the main part of our area. I know it will come.
Also, I fixed my shoes. Super glue is truly amazing. 

Yo, Papa, thanks for the package. It was amazing. Momma, let's go you're slipping. Lol.

Well, I love you guys a ton. I miss you! 

Tell Spencer Happy Birthday. Freak that kid is old.
Elda Dawson 👔
P.S. So I want questions, from like everyone. Post on FB that I want questions. Any and all. Naka. 
--
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real

No comments:

Post a Comment