Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Week 27-March 27, 2016

Last week was uneventful and I honestly intended on sending lots of pictures instead of words.  This would have been a less awkward situation if my card reader wasn't being all weird.  Anyway, still no pictures this week but hopefully soon.

Matavuvale,
Okay so I have recently received some great advice, you know who you are, that I am going to take to heart. This week has been way rad.

On Wednesday evening I went on my first exchange as the District Leader's companion. I was with Elder Hogge, a trainee. So I was the senior companion. It was way fun. We went to one of the Koros in Lokia and I gave him a good taste of Fiji. Elder Hogge is a Hindi trainee so I really wanted him to get the real Fiji experience.  We had awesome coconut and did a lot of walking which was new for him, because he has a truck. It was lots of fun!

The rest of the week was just normal. We had some weird random earthquakes and power black outs but they weren't that bad.

So, when I was with Hogge I noticed a small sore on my leg, and through the week it got bigger and more painful. Then I realized what it was. It was a boil. Red and angry. It hurt like a mother! So with boils you have to let them basically pop by themselves, so today while Elda Tera was getting his haircut I was just sitting there and I ran my hand over the boil and I looked at my hand and it was covered in blood. So I ran to the bathroom and cleaned it up with some tissue paper. I was pretty sick of this thing though, so I gave it a little squeeze. I'll save the gruesome details for another day, but if you have ever seen a movie where someone pulls a bullet out of themselves, that's similar to what it was like. Boils have a thing called an eye and it is this large ball of hardened infection and white blood cells...that can sometimes be the size of a bullet. It sucked. But I'm doing way better now.

Anyways, not to much to talk about, except Happy Easter!  Please watch this amazing video:


I love you.
Elda Dawson

--
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real

No comments:

Post a Comment