Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Week 29-April 10, 2016

Mom,

So I just wanted to put your mind at ease.

Another set of parents, our Heavenly parents sent their darling boy on a mission, a mission to save us all. They knew that it was going to be hard and that it wasn't going to end well for him. 

Just like them, you knew you were sending me away, but my mission won't end like his. I'll be home safe and sound in a little under 17 months. I know it's scary, seeing all that craziness going on over here but everything is okay. Just know I'm okay. I know you can't help but worry, but just remember that I'm His son also, and He's got my back. I love you! 

Ni sa bula vinaka kemudou kece,

So my life just kind of seems to be like one big day with little naps in between.

This was a good week though.

We had lots of rain, and some flooding, but nothing to bad. 




Lately it's been kind of hard visiting people. It's been a lot of, "Yeah come back tomorrow.", but they are never home. It's kind of stinky. But we keep on keeping on. 

We got some news that Elda Feliuai' Lene was getting transferred to Kadavu.  This news is also stinky and I'll miss him. An upside to the transfer is that Elda Green is coming to Naitasiri. So I'll see Green like at least once a week! So stoked!

We did get to watch General Conference this Sunday, and we even had a couple of less actives and recent converts there.  I loved Elder D Todd Christopherson's talk on Fathers and obviously Holland's talk was amazing. We didn't get to see Saturday or Priesthood, we were told it was in Fijian, but it was in English. It's all good though. Our Branch President has the DVDS, so I'll just watch it during personal study or something. 

I'm loving my area more and more. Having the District Leader as a companion means we go on exchanges, and exchanges give me the opportunity to lead my area. Something happens when you lead your area. You have to open up a lot more to the people, so I've become good friends with some of the families here. 

We learned that one of our investigators, Loata, we are teaching came back from Nadi. The best part, she kept taking lessons in Nadi and she even had the Eldas there start teaching her family there. She's awesome!

I have ringworm.  Like an ish ton of ringworm.  Like my whole right side is covered in ringworm.  It itches...a lot.  I also just found more on my nethers.  Yeah, I have gosh darn ringworm and it sucks.  I have cream for it though, so I'm sure it will clear up by the time I have a wife.  lolz!

The good news, no pink-eye for me. We were pretty sure we were going to get it cause it was spreading around like wild fire, but it never happened so it's all good. 

We killed a rat this week. It was pretty big. 

And pictures...finally lots of pictures!!  I know there aren't many captions but use your imagination!

I love you guys and I miss you a ton. 

Elda Dawson

 
Mud socks





6 month tie burning!!







-- 
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real

No comments:

Post a Comment