Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Monday, April 4, 2016

Week 28-April 3, 2016

Matavuvale,

Okay, so a pretty solid week has passed. Don't worry about my boil. It sucked that first day but afterwards, it was fine. It hasn't bothered me since.

So this week has actually been like crazy cold for the most part. It's been really windy and rainy. It's been a nice break from the heat though, so no complaints.

Sadly, no conference for us this week. We get the discs this next week or something so that's when we'll watch it. I'm looking forward to it.

This past week we did a lot of OYMing. OYM is Open Your Mouth. It's just finding people or tracting or whatever you want to call it, who want to learn more about the gospel,  just by asking or starting up conversations. It was actually way fun. We got very creative to try and get into homes for conversations. We asked one man to use his bathroom and I just sat in the bathroom while Elda Tera spoke to the man and his wife. Pretty sneaky, huh?! 

We found a bunch of people who previous Eldas had been visiting but they had been forgotten about, a lot of Indian families. Lucky for me they speak English.  We found a bunch of Rotuman families as well. Rotuma is a small island in our mission. It's a coveted place to go and they speak their own language. So hopefully I'll be able to learn some Rotuman from them and maybe one day I'll get sent out to Rotuma. I'm not aspiring, just dreaming. Ha, ha.

Toga is amazing though. I love the people here.

Sorry. I'm getting kinda boring. Please don't stop loving me. 
I love you guys and I miss you. 
Elda Dawson

--
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real

No comments:

Post a Comment