Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Monday, April 25, 2016

Week 30-April 17, 2016 Turning Around

Yadra Vina'a kemudou kece
Wow, what a week. Like for reals, this week will go down in the depths of my mind. So, we had a Zone Conference this week it was AMAZING! The whole meeting was based on conversion. Something Sister Layton stressed in her training was that we had to be converted before we can convert. It really hit home for me. Then the Assistants to the President gave a training on how to be successful. It was probably the best training I've ever received. They talked about four steps. I know, I know four steps to success, I wasn't very excited either until they explained it. They asked us what the four traits of a successful missionary are. In this mission we have been taught:

-Exactly Obedience
-Hard Working
-Having a Relationship with God
-Being Teachable

 The APs explained that these were actually also the four steps for life success. But in a different, specific order. The four steps are:
1. Relationship with God
2. Exact Obedience
3. Hard work
4. Be teachable
They explained that if we have a strong relationship with the Lord that all the other traits/steps will just fall in line. We will want to work hard, we will want to be teachable, we will want to be exactly obedient! 
They shared a wonderful quote by President Boyd K. Packer 
"The study of the Doctrines of the Gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior."
They told us that as we strengthened our relationship with God, it won't be hard to obey the rules, because we will want to be obedient to our Father in Heaven. 
Lately, I have been having an issue with obedience, nothing major, it was just becoming a pain, you know. Tera and I did what we were supposed to, but with little to no purpose. The APs shared another quote:
"Don't mistake activity with achievement."
                                         -John Wooden
That is exactly what we were doing. We thought that because we were following the rules we were fine, but we were following the rules because we had to, not because we wanted to. 
It really made me rethink myself as a missionary. It made me take a hard look at the way I was living. Something happened later that night. Something a little to special to share through email. It made the difference. It gave me the push I needed. SInce then, nothing has stopped me from being a missionary the Lord wants me to be. We had a very nice and wet trip to Vutia this past week. Hopefully we'll see a baptism next week! Transfer calls are tomorrow, so we'll see what goes down. Tera and I both have a bad feeling, but it is what it is. 

Stairway to heaven!

I'm loving the work and I'm loving the people. My companion is a skux and I'm doing great. Love you all!
Elda Jasen Dawson


-- 
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real

No comments:

Post a Comment