Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Monday, May 23, 2016

Week 35-May 22, 2016

Yadra vina'a noqu matavuvale!

This has been a great week! Not to intense, but enough to keep us busy!! 

So you'll all be happy to know, I didn't get yelled at this week. #winning
Selfie stick
This past week started with a real adventure. The whole Nausori North Zone visited some sweet caves in Nausatoka. It was way cool, also probably the most touristy thing I've ever done in Fiji. I'm sure we were still leagues ahead of normal tourists because we were all speaking Fijian. It was so cool, and a little creepy. Part of the caves was an area where they would keep prisoners of war to eat...yikes. Pictures didn't turn out the best but it was still way sick! 


Scary!



Elder "Thanos-Insanos" Stevens and the "Killing Place"

Elda Dunn and a stud

Elda Johnson and a stud



Tuesday was pretty normal, we had District Meeting and then we went and visited some people. 



Wednesday we had exchanges with the Zone Leaders. It was pretty fun I guess. I was with my grandma Elda Lautogia in my area and we had a way productive day. 
Tang tongues

Thursday came and went, but on Friday we had another exchange with our District leader. I was in Kuku with Elda "Thanos-Insanos" Stevens! It was way fun. Saturday also just came and went. Sunday, yesterday was a very special day though.

My whole time in Bau we have been working woth a young lady named Maraia Dilomavata. She's 24 and she was a referral from her older sister who is a member. Well Maraia took to our message very quickly. By our third meeting she told us frequently that she knew what we were teaching was the truth. Well, yesterday she followed her Savior's example and got baptized. I was honored to see it happen. Maraia is such a special person to me. She's been one of my favorite people in Bau and it doesn't hurt that she's easy on the eyes. I'm pretty lucky, when she hits her year mark of membership, I'll still have four months left, so hopefully I'll be able to go to the Temple with her.  She's awesome, and she has already told us about people she wants us to teach. I love her and her sweet family.
Maraia Dilomavata

Maraia Dilomavata and family, and studs

Honestly, I hate getting mushy and stuff in emails. I just never felt like that was really me, you know? But, I love doing what I'm doing. I've watched people's lives change. I've watched families change, and you can only watch so much change without it effecting you. I'm blessed to be in the position I'm in. I'm thankful for my Heavenly Father, for my parents, and people like Andrew Hudson, Alex Crowley, and Marc Allred for making missions sound cool. I might not know everything, or even a lot of things, but I know that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me. I know that I have a brother who gave his life for me. I know families can be together forever because of the blessings of the priesthood and Temples. I know that we are here on earth to experience happiness. 

I love you all so much. Keep the Faith.

Elda Jasen Dawson

Elda Ruwhiu the Exterminator

Ants, no more





-- 
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real

No comments:

Post a Comment