Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Monday, June 13, 2016

Week 37-June 6, 2016

Cola Vina Matavuvale,

Yep so this past week was transfers week, and you'll never guess what happened!! I STAYED IN THE SAME AREA WITH THE SAME COMPANION!! Yeah I know crazy! It was actually a super small transfer so not much happened. 

Okay question answer time:

-I see Pres. Layton like every three months (ish). Usually just at Zone Conferences. 

-The missionary couple that takes care of us is the Smiths...I think. I'm not to sure. The senior couple I interact with the most is the Alldreges. They are the housing and 'what not' senior couple. 

-We did get yelled at this week, but valailai ga. Nothing to bad.

-I actually haven't spoken in Sacrament meeting since Ba (my first area)


Okay so this week. Well we had a way fun combined zone qito so I got to see Visawaqa, Green, Ogden, Van, Sister Mafi, it was just way sweet!! Then on Tuesday we had a district lovo. A lovo is an underground oven, and the food it creates is the best!!! We had so much freaking food. Elda Lemusu got transferred which was a bummer, but Elda Tupou came in to replace him so it's not so bitter. 
Breaking coconuts

I got a cannonball coconut...only the shell cracked!

Lovo
The rest of our week was pretty average. 

On Saturday though, we had a second lovo for a baby's first birthday. So imagine all of the Fijian food I've ever eaten at one meal. That's like basically what it is. And the best part, it was our second dinner that evening, so Elda Ruwhiu and I basically rolled home. 
Baby Nifai's Birthday



Nan Painter. Such a cutie!

It's been a good week to be a Mormon missionary in Bau. 

So something I want to mention today is Fijian kindness. Elda Ruwhiu and I have started counting, and we are offered (on average) three free rides a day. Now that might not sound like a lot to you, but when you take in to consideration how expensive petrol is and the fact that one in like fifty Fijians own cars, it's a pretty cool thing. Fijians are the greatest people! 

Alrighty, well I love you guys and I miss you a bunch. Stay golden!

Elda Dawson


-- 
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real

No comments:

Post a Comment