Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Monday, September 5, 2016

Week 50-September 5, 2016

Matavuvale,

Bula re everyone! Dang it has been a crazy past few days. So I got transferred! I was pretty bummed until President Layton told me where I was going and who I was with. I got transferred to Nakawakawa with Elda Green!! Nakawakawa is like one of the bushiest areas in our mission. It's on Vanualevu. the other Island up North. 

So before I got transferred I went and visited with all of my favorite people from Bau. The last week was like crazy busy so I didn't get to see everyone but I got to see the Tagicakobau family and Filo so I'm good. Filo cried. It was pretty hard to leave Bau. 

On Friday though I got to go up to Suva and get my Fijian Driver's License. After we went back to the Zone Leader's flat and guess who was there. Elder Guymon, my first companion from the MTC!! It was great to see him and he's got an awesome trainer. 

At like 3:00 in the afternoon we headed to the airport. We were airborne by 3:20. the flight was unreal. Crazy beautiful. We landed and the airport was crazy busy because some of the Fiji 7s players were there. 

I was in the truck with Elda Green by 4:00. It was awesome. So we dropped of the hindi Elders and did a little  shopping for a branch activity. We left Labasa at around 6:30ish and we drove to Nakawakawa. It's a two and a half hour drive up. It was a great time to catch up. Man it is great being with Elda Green! 


So we got to the flat and chapel at 8ish. So our flat shares a wall with the chapel. Everyone told me that the flat was just the worst thing in the whole world, but I think they were just girls. So there is no running water, solar power only, and no toilet or shower. It's a lot like camping. It's way cool and tons of fun. 




On Saturday they had a youth activity. They were all just cleaning up the compound and chapel. I basically met the whole Branch. They are unbelievably amazing! They have accepted me way well. Also fun fact, Green and I are the first two white Eldas here since the area was opened or something like that. I just love this area. 

Today I got to meet our whole District. Everyone got a new companion so we got to come down this week, usually we come down twice a month. This morning we did a crazy hike to the top of the Three Sisters in Labasa.  We all made it. It was tough but it was an awesome unity building activity. 




Vanualevu is a pretty lit place. I'm loving it.  I love you guys and I hope you are all doing well. 

Elda Dawson

--
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real

No comments:

Post a Comment