Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Week 49-Transferred

Matavuvale,

So this is going to be really brief. I'm getting transferred. I'm going to a place called Nakawakawa on Vanualevu, the other island of Fiji. (Say Nakawakawa 10 times as fast as you can!) 

So, when missionaries here speak of bush areas, they put Nakawakawa among the top. It is an eight hour bus ride to the nearest town. It's pretty gnarly. I'm way stoked though, because my companion is ELDA GREEN FROM THE MTC!! I'm way excited. Anyways, I'm not sure when I'll be able to email next. I love you guys so much! 

Elda Dawson 

I reached out to some Mom's on my Fiji Suva LDS Mission Parents page and learned a few things about Nakawakawa!

DarrylandKristy Green So excited! Elder Green will LOVE being with Elder Dawson! David has reported to us that this is the most 'primitive' area he has been in so far. They wash their clothes in the river and have a rain barrel that they drink and bathe from, unless it runs dry. Then they use the river for that too. No worries, still sanitary. (As long as they boil it). They live in a small shack that the members made for the Elders. They have recently opened a new area and are trying to get permission to open another. They have a truck and the nearest internet access is about 4 hours drive. So we only hear from him when they go to town for meetings and things like that. We have also had our Elder tell us that the members in this area are very very loving and feed the elders very well. He is loving the area and will be over the moon excited to be with Elder Dawson.

Sandy Stock That was my son's first area. No running water or electricity. They shower in waterfalls and wash clothes in a stream, and they live in a tin shack that the members built for the missionaries in less than 24 hours, but my son LOVED this place and still feels a pull on his heart strings when someone he knows gets to go there. He will love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment