Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Week 20, February 7, 2016-Praying Peyton throws true passes!

Matavuvale,

Cola vina! It's weird writing an email without having a load of questions to answer. I don't know where to start. 

Well, everyday this week as been the same. Honestly this week seemed to zoom by.  Everyday, Tuesday to Saturday, Elda Tera and I have gone to the temple open house. I probably went into the temple more than 20 times. If there is ever a temple open house near you, you definitely should go.








So, way cool, yesterday, I got to go to our unit out on Vutia. Yes, I said out ON Vutia. It's a small island in the middle of the giant river/lake we are next to. We took a boat and it was about a 10 minute ride out. Man, the unit is way awesome. We have four investigators out there preparing for baptism on this Saturday! Awesome! 

I'm really liking Toga though. The Branch here is amazing so my life is actually easier here. I just show up and teach. The members take care of everything else. It's awesome.

Obviously, by my header, you can tell that I am very curious about the outcome of today's game. I testify that if we all have a prayer in our hearts, the Broncos will take the win! Ha-ha!!  Au veiwali. 

I've also really missed you. I dreamed that I came home (with honor) and it all felt so real. The whole gang was there and a certain young lady (who shall remain nameless, but in my heart) was there.  Kole was there to take my pictures. All those people were there but I remember dropping my bags and walking past all of them to hug Mom. It was so real. I could smell her hair spray.  Then I woke up. I hated my life for about 2 minutes. I read the letter that Mom gave me while I was on Trek a couple of years ago.  It gave me a boost. You say it all the time, Mom, but you don't really know how true it is. You are my number one cheerleader. More than any girl could ever be. No one else knows just what to say to me, to boost my spirits more than you, Mom. I want to make you proud. 

You know, I came on a mission because of you and dad. I know it was something I was "supposed" to do you know, and the adventure sounded good but I never sure that I really wanted to be a missionary.  But now, I can honestly say, I love what I'm doing. I'm not perfect, but I know I'm growing and changing. Thank you for pushing me to do this. At first, it felt like you were pushing me off of a cliff, but I needed it. I wouldn't have realized what I was capable of. The heights I could fly to. Sorry, that was way lame, but I mean it. Thank you, Mom. I love you. Au lomani kemuni sara vakalevu!

Well, I don't have much else to say. Probably because of no questions....but whatever(slackers). I love you so much and I miss you guys! Until next week!
Elda Dawson

--
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real


No comments:

Post a Comment