Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Monday, February 29, 2016

Week 23-February 29, 2016

Bula Vinaka,

My week has been alright. Still no power or water, so we are dirty and we smell bad, but we got to come into Makoi and stay with the Makoi Eldas for a few days so I got to take a SHOWER WITH  THE LIGHTS ON!!!! SO I don't smell too bad. 

Other than that we had a pretty normal week. We got to help and deliver food to families who needed it, but Elda Tera has gotten sick, so our work has slowed down a bit. 

The storm has really opened up a lot of opportunities for us to share the Gospel with the people. Also they love seeing those white shirts (mostly because they know that means food is coming, lol!)  

Speaking of the storm, so, I don't know if you were planning on sending a package or anything any time soon but the cyclone ripped up the inside of my flat pretty good. I don't need anything crazy, but I do need a new journal. Winston soaked and shredded mine. Also, a jacket. Yeah, believe it or not, it's gotten pretty chilly. It's because we are going into winter. So it's going to be wet. REALLY wet. Also maybe a new bag. The one I'm using is good for sometime, but the straps are starting to break and there are some holes. Also, it gets soaked when ever it rains. That's it. Other than that I have everything I need. Oh, except deodorant. Yeah, I need more of that too. Thanks parents. I love you guys. 

We are coming to the end of our transfer here. The missionaries are buzzing with anxiety and excitement. We are all making our guesses at who's going where. Honestly, I have a feeling that I'm leaving Toga, but who knows. 

This week an Elda and I have been talking about this awesome movie idea. I'm not going to spoil it, but it will be way cool. One day. His name is Elda Noble. He's a skux for sure. A real great guy. 

Any ways. I love the work still, even when it's a little extra hard. I love this Gospel. I know that the things I teach, the things that the church teaches are true. If I didn't, I wouldn't have stayed. I love Fiji. These people are so great. Even in such a terrible time, they are all smiles. I love my family. I miss you guys a lot.
Elda Dawson
P.S. The power went out for about an hour when I wrote this. 
Chilling with President Eyring and Elder Cook
--
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real


No comments:

Post a Comment