Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Monday, November 14, 2016

A Picture Says 1000 Words


I love this area. I love these people. I LOVE this gospel. I know that it is true. I know there is a living prophet on the earth today. I KNOW that because of our Savior Jesus Christ we can live with our Heavenly Father and our families for eternity. I love you all. Moce toka.
This is me, Valovei and Filo. Filo is the little shaved head one and Valovei is in the green. They are sisters from Nakawakawa. We are pretty much like best friends!

This is our water tank. We use this to shower, cook, drink, flush, paint with water colors, and basically anything else you need water for.

Everyone thought I looked really cute without my glasses. They thought they were even more cute WITH my glasses. 

I'm going to be honest, I don't actually know what is going on in this picture. I'm not nearly as annoyed as I look. 

This is Unaisi Racora (she prefers to go by her full name). She is our latest baptism. Her parents are bothe memebers and are so cool. The Qase family. Qase means like "old" or "elderly", like we have been called Qase instead of Elder before.

They love the camera!

They love the camera!

They love the camera!
This is Ane (pronounced similar to Annie). She is a girl from the Branch. She's told me her plan how she's going to go on a mission, after, go to BYU Provo for school and look for me to marry. She's a sweetheart.

She loved trying on my glasses!

Our Primary Program in Nakawakawa.

This is Atu, a member here. I swear he is a nice guy. 

Some of my little homies from Bua. I gave the kids my camera and they went a little crazy. 

#selfiegame #keepitalive #neverstopbeingbeautiful

The shore in Saolo. It's funny when I introduce myself because I can say "Oh, the place that I'm from is next to the ocean, like this one." And everyone just freaks out.

Our financial situation. We keep it real up in Nakawakawa. I wouldn't trade it for anything though.


Elder Dunn. This was the fanciest place I've eaten in a very long time. It's a hotel in Labasa called Grand Eastern. We had some very expensive, very sub-par pizza for Josh's last day with us. Josh is a ward missionary who is leaving for the Australia, Brisbane mission today. 

This was when we tried to get back to our area after some rain. We had to take the long way which added a whole 2 extra hours to our journey back into the veikau.


This is my, "what's up future Mrs. Dawson" picture. #needahaircut #veikauprobs

A New town Hall was opening in a koro near us called Saolo. It was such a big deal the hype killed all the work for the day in like a 15 km radius. 


Clouds rolling over the Bua mountains. Bua is such a beautiful place.

These are some of the young men from the Nakawakawa Branch. They are crack up.

No comments:

Post a Comment