Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Friday, October 9, 2015

Week 3-October 9, 2015

Bula  Vinaka! Thanks so much for all the Dear Elders letters. They've been awesome to get and read. Did you know you can send packages through Dear Elder and they get there that day. *wink wink*


My week has been pretty rad.  On Saturday and Sunday all the missionaries crammed into the Gym to watch Conference. I took like 12 pages of notes. Elder Green and I also played the box game, he beat me 305 to 85. I loved Sister Marriott's talk on having faith. I loved the Quote from President Hinckley she used.
  
"If you do your best, it will all work out.  Put your trust in God...The Lord will not forsake us."

We got two new Tongan Districts; ten new Elders and four new Sisters. They all look like babies. 

On Wednesday a film crew from Australia came to our class to learn more about the MTC and how they teach Elders the language. The guy was really respectful and cool. 

Yesterday most of our District got sick so like half of us went back to residence. I had to take four shots of NyQuil out of a SoBe cap, I was just happy Elder Green had some.  

The language has been coming along very well. We are starting to teach two investigators a week and both are in Fijian and we can't use our note books. I'm sure they just have the hardest time not laughing when we just get really quiet when they're speaking. I'm sure we just look like deer in the head lights. 

My District gets to be hosts for the new Elders this next Wednesday. That should be pretty exciting.  We will get to meet the new guys on the street and show them around!  

I forgot to tell you guys this but two Friday's ago I ran into Travis Wares at the Temple.  We were both pretty happy to see each other. 

Today has been a rather unproductive P-Day. Usually we get back from the Temple after a session and we'll hop into our P-Day wear and we'll go to the gym. Then after like 3 hours we go do laundry and email. Today, however, most of our day was spent lounging around. It was kind of nice having a day to get better though. 

So a couple of Elders have told me that their moms have been following my blog. That's funny, I totally forgot you were doing that. 

I love you guys a ton and I miss you guys a lot. I'm glad you guys are both doing well. Give my love to the chillins and to Michael. 

Much Love,
Elder Dawson

No comments:

Post a Comment