Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Friday, October 16, 2015

Week 4-October 16, 2015

Bula Vinaka! Man this week feels like it flew right by. We have three missions leaving this weekend, the Kiribati missionaries, the Samoans, and the Marshallees. It sucks to see them go but it's hard not to be super excited for them and to meet all the new missionaries. We are hosting again this Saturday so we get to greet the new Islander missionaries. 
This week started out pretty rough. I hit a pretty gnarly mental and emotional wall. No tears just a couple of sleepless nights and bad days, but one of my instructors, Sister Trammell, gave me a pretty good pep talk. I love Sister Trammell.  She's such a cool gal. All of the class agrees, we want to hang out with her when we get home.  

My other instructor is Brother LeDoux. He's just as awesome. His favorite movies are the High School Musical series, so we often sing those songs in class. He loves messing with us. He throws acorns at us if we sleep or he'll just get everyone to leave class and leave the one person alone sleeping in the class. He takes us outside and makes us have speed walking races for Fat Boy ice cream sandwiches. Christy usually wins.  He uses his super speed walking powers. 

As of a few weeks ago I was put in a Tripanionship. That consists of myself, Elder Stevens from Spokane, and Elder Kumar from Brisbane. I love both of them. I miss Elder Guymon but I know I'll see him in the field. 

The MTC is just a place for teenage boys to grow as missionaries during the day, but at night or during down time, we love to do stupid stuff. We play a game here called "What are the odds?" So far because of that game I've had to:  take a bite out of a banana from the side with the peel on, eat a piece of cheese cake covered in salt and pepper, drink a mixture of heaven knows what, eat a lemon, rind and all,  and a few other things. We all love it.
MTC Dorm Room...imagine the fun!

On Monday we had a small birthday bash for Elder Ogden. It was pretty dope. We also watched a movie called Meet The Mormons, if you haven't seen it, I highly suggest it. I guarantee you'll love it.

Elder Ogden's Birthday. 
Back Left to Right: Me, Elder Green, Elder Datoon, Elder Van Rossendal
Middle Left to Right : Elder Dunn, Elder Ogden, Elder Roberts, Elder Forbush
Front Left to Right: Elder Aguiar, Elder Larsen

Throughout the week we have watched some of the videos about Christ and his earthly ministry. It's so weird, all my life I feel like I've known of Him, but now I feel like I know Him. I can feel his love for me daily. It's the greatest feeling I've ever had. Thinking of what he did for me gives me the boost of energy I need to push through the day. I want everyone to feel the way I do when I see a picture of my Savior, or read a scripture about him performing a miracle for a "lesser" person, or when I here a hymn about Him. I would love to hug him and thank him for the sacrifice He made for me. I guess giving my all out here will suffice for now. 

Thanks for all the support. On all of those days I'm having a hard time, getting your letters makes it so much easier. 

So, I asked some of the guys what they would love to see in a package from my mom. 
Cookies
Peanut Butter
Mixed Nuts
Pub Mix
Jerky
Girls
Deodorant
Little Nerf Guns
Raspberry Strudel
Quaker Snack Mix/ Chex Mix
Shia LeBouf "Do It" Motivational Poster
Cheese Whiz and Crackers

Also I found my camera, and when I tried to turn it on, it wouldn't work. I changed the batteries and it still didn't work. So I'll send you some pictures a little later from the guys in my District. 

Au Lomani Iko Levu!!

Much Love 
Elder Dawson

--
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real

No comments:

Post a Comment