Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Friday, October 30, 2015

Week 6-October 30, 2015

Bula Vinaka noqu matavuvale!

Dude, I am so super stoked right now! So, all week I've been visiting the Travel Office trying to get my flight plans, which my whole mission got last Friday. My Visa was causing problems and earlier this week a worker in the Travel Office told me that I was put on the temporary assignment list, which would have meant that for a transfer or so (6 weeks) I would have been serving in a state within the United States.  I came to terms with it because I knew that Heavenly Father would put me where he needed me, but I was still super bummed out that I wouldn't be able to go to Fiji with the rest of my District and District H. Today Elder Forbush and I went to the Travel Office to go and get my travel itinerary and when we got there no one was at the front desk and I thought to myself "Great it's going to be one of those visits". Then a brother walked into the office and our conversation went something like this.

"How can I help you Elder?"
"Hi my name is Elder Dawson, I'm going to Fiji. I'm here to see if my travel plans are here yet."
"Elder Dawson...Ah okay."
*3 seconds of silence*
"So....Your Visa came."

As soon as I heard those words, I almost couldn't breathe. He showed me my itinerary and the final destination was Fiji! I couldn't believe it. All week I had been praying that my Visa would come, and that I would be able to get to Fiji, and I know Heavenly Father heard my prayers. I leave the MTC Monday, and I couldn't be more excited. 

So, about the rest of my week. On Sunday we had a wonderful sacrament meeting, the topic was enduring to the end. A common scripture used was Ether 12:27.   "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."
It talks about how The Lord will make all of your weaknesses strong if you have faith and if you actively live worthily of his help. 

On Monday nothing to eventful happened just the usual MTC life. On Tuesday, a lot of us within the Fijian mission were really not feeling very good, and there was a devotional that night, so we talked and said that we might just skip it and get some extra sleep. Man we are glad we didn't. Elder Neil A. Andersen spoke and it was the best! He spoke about sacrifice, opposition and, what I appreciated most, deliverance.  It was so cool hearing the words of an Apostle of God, especially when they are meant specifically for you. It was truly a great experience. 

On Wednesday we got to participate in something called People and Your Purpose, which is the first workshops the newest missionaries participate in when they arrive at the MTC. We got to be the example missionaries, so we would knock on a door and in front of a big group of new missionaries, get to know an investigator. We would ask simple questions about them, just get to know them, but then we start digging a little deeper. It was super easy in English but it was tons of fun, and I remember participating on my first day and seeing those example missionaries and thinking, "Man I'm never going to be that good", but with help from my Heavenly Father I got just that good. 

On Thursday we had our In Field Orientation,which was a 9 hour meeting. Man, that was an experience. There were some sweet breakout sessions where we would just practice teaching random people, or working with the members in our ward and stuff like that. Then right after dinner we had Skype TRCs. We got to teach this awesome member named Kabi. By the end of the night I was definitely tired, but I have to say it was a great day. 

Man, I've seen the Hand of God in my life so much this week; from my Visa coming in on time, to the view outside my bedroom window. God is everywhere. An awesome Elder challenged me to look for the Hand of God everyday and I want to extend that challenge to you. I know if you look you'll see it, and when you do, don't forget to thank him. I know that Heavenly Father wants to bless our lives, I know that he wants to see us smile, he wants to see us happy. I know that even during our darkest times if we turn to God we can feel his comfort and love. I know this to be true. I love my Heavenly Father and I love the Gospel that has been restored to this earth. 

Au Lomani Iko

Much Love 
Elder Dawson



--
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real

No comments:

Post a Comment