Elder Dawson

Elder Dawson

Monday, July 18, 2016

Week 43-July 18, 2016

Matavuvale,

Yadra Vina everyone! 

This has been one heck of a week! So Monday was way sweet. We had our combined qito with Nausori South. So I got to see Eldas Visa, Simisky, Ogden, Pomate, Dunn, Van, just all the boys. These guys, they mean a lot to me.  We had tons of fun at the beach! 


Tuesday we had our last District meeting with Eldas Stock and Harris. After District meeting we got our transfer calls. Half of our District got transferred. Harris went AP, Stock to Rakiraki, Aguiar to Korovou, and Ruwhiu to Kuku. Yeah, Ruwhiu got transferred to the neighboring area. He's still in my District. (Talk about blessing!) My new companion was called as the new District leader. 

On Thursday we stayed back and cleaned our flat hard. Deep sara ga!  Aguiar and Stevens came over, and we made a big mess during lunch. Haha so more cleaning. 
On Friday, Aguiar came over and was my companion for a short time (3 hours) after Ruwhiu left. At around 3:00 my new companion showed up. Elda Mclean from Modesto California. He's a way cool guy. He's two intakes ahead of me so he's been out just over a year. Because he's the new District Leader, before he could even get settled in, the Zone Leaders already had him doing his duties, which included taking me to a Baptismal Interview. I just played cards with one of the kids there plus they made us dinner so it wasn't to bad. Haha. 

Saturday, we tried to go see tons of people. Lots of people weren't home but we had a really nice discussion with a girl named Shayal. She is a new Christian and we are trying to talk to her, but she is just converted to her pastor, so it makes it a little difficult. We also met with a couple, Cassie and Meli. Cassie is from Tonga and Meli is Fijian, guess where they met. CHINA!! Yeah, they both speak Chinese. Anyways, they are awesome. Cassie's less active and Meli is an investigator. We gave Meli a baptismal date and he excepted. I was so stoked! I'm so happy for that little family. 

Sunday was pretty sweet as well. We got to church and we were asked to speak for about 20 minutes each. Yikes. That always worries me. It wasn't bad though, and I had all the girls giggling and smiling, so.....😋
The rest of the day was standard. We met with some less actives and headed over to Nakelo. We had a "District Unity Night" or at least that's what the Zone Leaders called it. I called it "hanging with the Boys". That sounds less lame to me. 

All in all, not a bad week.

So lately I've been studying in the New Testament. I'm not trying to be a bible scholar, or an expert bible basher or anything, I just want to understand more about Jesus Christ. While reading about Mary, Christ's mother, I came across a verse;

Luke 1:37  "For with God nothing shall be impossible."

I love that. It was a new scripture to me. What a great promise. Anything is possible. I'm thankful to have a Heavenly Father who allows change, who allows us to become better. I'm thankful for my Savior and his Atonement. I'm thankful for a loving and understanding family. 

I love you all and I miss you.

So ta tale!

Elda Dawson 

-- 
Peace Be Still
Keep it Real

No comments:

Post a Comment